As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, Alexandra Marine & General Hospital (AMGH) is working closely with local Public Health representatives and health care partners to closely monitor the outbreak and adjust services and visiting guidelines accordingly.
Similar to other hospitals across Ontario, AMGH has in place a No Visitor policy. Exceptions will be made on compassionate grounds, and to accommodate special safety needs. This has been an extremely difficult decision, and has been taken to protect the safety of our patients and staff.
This policy will be in place until further notice. Moving forward no visitors are allowed in the organization with the following exceptions:
- Obstetrical patients may have one support person – must screen negative for COVID-19
- End of Life/Actively dying – may continue to have two visitors at a time for a maximum of 30 minutes – one visit only and must screen negative for COVID-19
- Throughout the organization – all minor children (<18 years of age) or mentally challenged individuals may each have one visitor/support person – must screen negative for COVID-19
- If a patient is attending an outpatient appointment or treatment and require physical assistance their support person may accompany then to their designated area and will then be asked to wait in their car until their friend/family appointment is complete.
Essential services will continue at AMGH. All urgent surgeries will continue, the ER is running as normal, and will continue to provide 24/7 care.
Essential services include Labour & Delivery, critical CT scans, and all services in our Intensive Care Unit.
Until further notice the following services have been postponed and patients have been notified:
- Elective surgeries
- Endoscopies (scopes)
- Non-urgent Medical Imaging & Cardiology appointments
- Ordering physicians will be notified of new appointments once we resume normal practices. If you have questions or concerns, please contact your physician
Please note the following items:
- Non-urgent outpatient clinics are being assessed and reduced where possible. Please call prior to coming to any pre-booked appointments if you have not already heard from staff or your physician’s office
- The Gift Shop is closed until further notice
At this time, due to limited test supplies across the province, patients are unlikely to be tested for COVID-19 unless they are admitted to hospital
AMGH COVID-19 Hotline
AMGH has implemented a COVID-19 Hotline which is staffed Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm. Call 519-524-8689 x5412 if you have questions or concerns.