Access to Personal Information

Request Access to or Correct Personal Information

Please note that the Freedom of Information (FOI) Office will be responding to requests for access to information and correction of personal information starting on January 1, 2012.

AMGH is required by law to take reasonable steps to ensure that personal information in its custody or under its control is accurate and up-to-date. The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA) gives individuals the right to access their personal information. Accompanying the right of access is the right to request that any inaccuracies in that person's personal information be corrected.

There are three key elements of personal information that must be present for FIPPA to apply:

  1. The information must be recorded;
  2. The information must be about an individual; and
  3. The individual who is the subject of the information must be identifiable.

You may use AMGH's Freedom of Information Access-Correction Request Form for the following purposes:

  • To make a request for access to general records of the hospital;
  • To request personal information about yourself; and
  • To request a correction to your personal information.

A fee of $5 must accompany the Freedom of Information Access/Correction Request form. Please include a cheque or money order payable to AMGH or provide credit card information on page 2 of the Form. Please do not put cash in the mail.

Additional fees apply to access requests as dictated by the legislation and are the responsibility of the requestor. The Requestor will be contacted if the request exceeds $100.00 to confirm the requestor's wish to proceed with the request. The requestor may be required to pay half of the anticipated cost prior to the FOI Office proceeding.

Fee schedule

Completed forms and $5.00 fee must be mailed or delivered to:

Alexandra Marine and General Hospital

120 Napier Street, Goderich, ON  N7A 1W5

519-524-8689, ext. 5713


If you have any questions about the access request or correction process, please contact the Freedom of Information Office.