As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, Alexandra Marine & General Hospital (AMGH) is working closely with local Public Health representatives and health care partners to closely monitor the pandemic and adjust services and visiting guidelines accordingly.
Visitor Guidelines - Effective Monday June 7, 2021
The Alexandra Marine and General Hospital is committed to providing the highest quality of care and the safest possible environment to protect our
patients, staff, physicians and community. AMGH has changed its practices and policies throughout the COVID-19 pandemic as new data and scientific evidence becomes available. AMGH is also committed to following Public Health Guidelines and directives from the Ontario Government.
In response to the Provinces plan to re-open, declining daily cases of COVID-19, rate of vaccinations in Ontario and low community prevalence
AMGH is happy to remove some of the visitor restrictions that have been in place as a result of the pandemic. AMGH values the presence of family, friends and caregivers in a patient’s healthcare journey. AMGH is grateful to our community for their patience throughout this pandemic and their diligence in adhering to public health guidelines.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work together to stay safe and healthy.
All Approved Persons Entering the Hospital:
- Must screen negative for COVID-19
- Must perform hand hygiene
- Must don a face mask and will be offered a mask with face shield
- May wear personal masks if choosing not to wear a face shield must only go to their designated area (i.e. room of patient they are visiting, department of appointment)
Restrictions Effective January 4, 2021 (amended June 7, 2021)
- Patients admitted to med/surg/ICU may have one visitor per day and this does not need to be the same person each day during
normal visiting hours New
- Patients admitted to inpatient mental health may identified one designated visitor who may visit daily for a maximum of 2 hours
between the hours of 1130 – 1930 and must check in with security upon entering
the 3rd floor. New
- Critically ill/end of life patients may have 2 family members visit at a time Obstetrical patient admitted in labour may have one designated
support person stay with them throughout labor and post-partum until discharge
- Obstetrical patients may have one support person attend all pre-natal appointment with them New
- Emergency room patients are not permitted to bring a family/caregiver into the ER department unless there are exceptional circumstances (trauma/end of life). A family/caregiver may be asked to wait in their car or at home.
- Ambulatory Care and Outpatient departments – patients must not bring a family/caregiver into the building unless there exceptional
circumstances such as physical or mental impairment Children under the age of 16 may have two parents accompany them at any given time
AMGH values the questions and feedback of our patients and community.
If you have any questions about this guidelines, please use one of the
Donna Phillips-Grande, CNE/VP Clinical Care Service 519-524-8689 ext. 5719
At this time AMGH has resumed all essential and non-essential services. This will include in person or virtual care if appropriate.
COVID-19 Testing/Collection Centre located at:
Goderich Kinsmen Centre
185 Keays St. Goderich
The testing/collection centre will be open from
10am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
Appointments are required
Call 519-524-6060 ext. 263
Only patients with appointments will be tested.
Patients who have been tested can check their test results at
AMGH is unable to provide outpatient COVID-19 testing at the hospital at this time.